What does a Peer Ambassador do?
Peer Ambassadors work with adult supervision. They will:
· Help new students to settle into school.
· Provide support to students who might feel isolated or needing help with self-confidence.
· Offer advice and guidance on relevant topics
· Help students to plan, set goas and action plan.
· Deliver assemblies on bullying and mental health.
All peer ambassadors are regularly debriefed with an appropriate adult to ensure they are not becoming stressed themselves and have no concerns or problems they are not happy with.
A peer ambassador is NOT a teacher, counsellor or social worker and are not a replacement for professional support.